5 Easy Updo's
Posted on May 18 2016
The Top Knot/Ballerina Bun
- Tie your hair up into a high pony tail and secure with a hair elastic
- Twist you hair then wrap it around the base of the pony to form a bun, then secure with bobby pins
- For a voluminous look, tease your pony tail before you wrap and twist it into a bun. This will give you the look of a full bun, without having to use a hair doughnut.
Milk Maid Braids
- Part your hair down the middle, all the way down the back and then plait each section just behind your ears.
- Grab each plait and using a bobby pin, pull it across the top of your head and secure it, crossing over the other plait so it looks like your wearing a head band.
- Part your hair down the middle all the way to your nape.
- Start a plait by grabbing three small sections of hair near your forehead.
-Slowly plait down towards your nape, picking up strands of hair every time you pull a section underneath the main braid. This is basically a reverse french braid and what creates your beautiful pattern and makes your hair look full.
- You can also do a french braid if you're more confident with that, which is just the opposite of a boxer braid because you pull strands in and over the main braid instead of under.
Classic Pony tail
- Tie your hair up at the top of your crown with an elastic
- Separate a strand of hair and wrap it around the base of the pony to cover up the elastic, secure with a bobby pin.
- Split the pony into 2 sections (bottom and top half). Tease the base of the bottom half then release the top half and smooth it over the teased hair. This will give your pony that extra height you'll love.
-Part your hair down the middle all the way to your nape and tie each section into a pony to create pigtails.
-Once you have your pigtails even and tied up at your desired height. Twist and wrap each one into a bun.
AKA Curves & Eyeliner